Overview: The ALIVE (Aboriginal Life in Vancouver Enhancement) Society Reconciliation Project Coordinator will help plan and oversee a variety of activities throughout the summer that advance and promote a community-led Reconciliation Strategy, working with ALIVE and mainstream community partners in East Vancouver. This includes a focus on an Elders Inclusion Research Project, and supporting neighbourhood-level inclusion and accountability.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with ALIVE and partners to develop and implement activities and events that bring Aboriginal and Non-Aboriginal people together in the community
- Work with the ALIVE and community centre staff teams to help develop and lead a variety of relevant workshops with volunteers, community members, support workers and relevant professionals
- Support research activities including: intercultural gatherings and sharing circles, interviews and implementing research plans, asset-mapping, summarizing findings, preparing reports and make presentations on key learnings, takeaways, etc.
- Assist with volunteer and student scheduling, monitoring and mentorship
- Other duties as requested
- Some post-secondary education experience.
- Experience working with seniors, youth, special needs and minority populations including Aboriginal people. Understanding how to be inclusive in approach and responsive to the health and social needs of those with disabilities.
- Good communication, research and writing skills, ability to manage projects and work independently.
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Were registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year -Intend to return to school on a full-time time basis during the next academic year.
- Registered as a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program.
- Are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Are legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulation.
The project coordinator will work for a total of 10 weeks for 30 hours per week starting June 18th, 2018 @ the rate of $18.70/hr plus 12% in lieu of benefits. To apply to this posting please send your resume and cover letter to Scott Clark at email@example.com or drop off in person at the front desk at Ray-Cam by June 1st, 2018